- Customize Folder View
- Folder View Options Customize App Mac Download
- View Folder Options Windows 10
- Outlook For Mac Folder View
- Folder View Options Customize App Mac Computer
Whether you want to make your desktop look more colorful or you just want to play around, the macOS has certain features that will allow you to change the color of the folders on your Mac.
Apr 11, 2019 This method will make the folder permanently visible, so if you’d prefer it was only temporary, there is another way - for those using using Mac OS X (or macOS) Mavericks and later. Open a Finder window and go to your Home folder. Within the Finder menu, click View Show View Options. Place a checkmark next to Show System or Library Folder. Right-click this icon, select Options and click Keep in Dock. How to Add Apps, Files, and Folders to the Dock on a Mac. To add an app to your Dock on Mac, launch a Finder window from your Dock and click Applications in the left sidebar. Then, select an app and drag and drop this app above or to the left side of the line that separates your Dock. Jun 28, 2011 If you, for instance, want to open the message reading pane at right side rather than in bottom of the main window or tweak with the message pane that holds all the items of current folder, add WideMail into your Mail.app extension list. It’s a small plugin for Mac Mail app which not only lets you customize the message and message reading.
Image2icon is the easiest way to create your own mac icons and customize your folders and files. Version 2.0 provides: ## Image to Icon Conversion ## It’s easy as pie: drop an image to Image2icon, then drop a file or folder apply the icon. Sep 19, 2019 If you want to have custom icons in your Mac’s menu bar, there’s a way to replace the default ones. To change the icon of a third-party app, find it in Applications, right-click to open a context menu, and choose “Show Package Contents.” Go to Resources folder to find the defaults – these can be used as templates for the new icons.
Adding some cool colors to the folders can be useful for you to identify certain types of folders. Maybe you want to keep some folders in different colors to give your desktop a cool look or at least want a change in your desktop for some days, you can do it easily with this quick tutorial.
How To Change Folder Colors On Your Mac
To change the folder color, follow these steps below.
- Create a Folder in any location you want in the Finder.
You can also use an existing folder, I’m using a new folder just to show you this tutorial.
- Right-click on the folder that you choose and click on Get Info.
A window with Folder info will be displayed.
Customize Folder View
- Click on the folder icon next to the folder name on the top.
- Click Edit -> Copy from the menu bar or use the keyboard shortcut Command + C.
- Now open Spotlight search using Command + Space and type Preview to open the Previewapp on your Mac.
- With the Preview app open, click File -> New from Clipboard from the menubar.
The folder icon you just copied will be pasted in the preview for editing. We will just edit the color of the folder and paste it back into the Get Info to get the new icon in color.
- Click the Show Markup Toolbar button as shown to reveal the editing options in the Preview.
- Choose the Adjust Color tool as shown below, it looks like a prism with light shining through.
- Use the sliders to tweak the colors of the folder icon as per your liking.
I used the Sepia slider all to the right to add the Sepia effect to the folder. Change the colors using the Tint, Temperature, Saturation sliders as well as make use of the other sliders.
Folder View Options Customize App Mac Download
- Once you are done with the coloring, choose Edit -> Select All from the menu bar after clicking on the image. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Command + A to select.
- Press Command + C to Copy the new folder icon.
Head back to the Get Info tab you have opened earlier.
- Once again click on the folder icon next to the folder name and hit Command + V to Paste the new colored folder icon over the old one.
You have successfully changed the color of the folder. You can do this coloring to more folders as per your wish. You may also use other image editing tools such as Photoshop if you don’t want to use the built-in Preview app or you want more editing options.
View Folder Options Windows 10
Preview app gives you basic options for changing the color of the folder which is enough for this tutorial to explain. Since the Preview app is the default app to view the photos and videos on the Mac, you have the option to change the default apps to your liking.
If you are being comfortable using the Mac keyboard shortcuts, you should also want to check out these 11 hidden keyboard shortcuts that will make you a power user.
Outlook For Mac Folder View
You can find more tips and tricks, guides, and tutorials on Mac and Windows in our Guides section. For more updates on the latest smartphones and tech, follow us on our social media profiles.
Folder View Options Customize App Mac Computer
- Instagram Facebook TikTok