- Set Outlook As Default Mail App On Mac
- Make Outlook Default Mail App On Mac Download
- Outlook App Mac
- Mac Outlook Default Mail Client
- Set Outlook As Default Mac
Certain actions that you perform on your Mac will cause default apps to open. For example, clicking a document may open Pages. But what if you want Microsoft Word to open instead? You can also set your default web browser and email reader.
Set Outlook As Default Mail App On Mac
Dec 21, 2018 Microsoft has its Mail app set as the default email client for Windows 10. Usually, if you install Outlook or another email client, you don’t have a problem with it popping up. Changing your default email client begins in the Mail app’s Preferences The preferences pane for Mail will appear. Make sure you’re on the General tab, and click the dropdown menu next to. Outlook for Mac works with Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud Learn more about Microsoft 365 Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based subscription service that brings together premium versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneDrive, with the best tools for the way people. Apr 20, 2017 Make Outlook (Office 2016) the default email app on Mac OS 10.11 - El Capitan I just installed El Capitan as well as Office 2016 on my Mac and am wondering how do I make Outlook the default email app? This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
How to change the default Mac app for specific file types
- Right-click on a file that uses the file type you'd like to change the default for. For example, one with a .jpg extension (a photo).
- Click on Get Info in the pop-up.
- Click Open With if the section isn't already expanded.
Click the dropdown and choose an app.
- Click Change All...
Click Continue when the Finder asks you if you're sure.
Now any time you open a file with that extension, the Finder will automatically open it with the app you've selected.
How to set your default web browser
- Launch System Preferences from the dock, Finder, or by clicking the Apple icon in the Menu bar.
- Click General at the top left of the window.
- Click the dropdown next to Default web browser.
Click the web browser you'd like to use as the default.
How to set your default email reader
Mail is likely the default email app on your Mac, but just in case you have others downloaded, you can set the default reader. Here's how:
- Launch Mail from your dock or the Finder.
- Click Mail in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click Preferences.
- Click the dropdown next to Default Mail Reader.
Click the app you'd like to set as the default.
Let us know in the comments below.
Updated February 2020: Updated for macOS Catalina!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.We are open
Apple Sanlitun, Apple's newest store in China, is opening today
Make Outlook Default Mail App On Mac Download
Apple has announced that its newest retail store, Apple Sanlitun in Bejing, is opening to customers in the area later today.
Change your default web browser
Outlook App Mac
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu.
- Click General.
- Choose your web browser from the ”Default web browser” pop-up menu.
Change your default email app
Mac Outlook Default Mail Client
- Open Mail.
- Choose Preferences from the Mail menu, then click General. Or, if you're prompted to set up an email account, add your account, then choose Preferences from the Mail menu.*
- Choose your email app from the ”Default email reader” pop-up menu.
Set Outlook As Default Mac
* You can also set your default email app in the preferences of your third-party email app.